And nothing else matters..

 

Thursday, May 24, 2007

may-i-help-you in making pasta! :D

yay! yesterday I went Pasta shopping! It was kinda cool.. I was jumping about the whole store.. and bugging all!
The store helpers were wearing shirts which had "May I help you" written at the back, and I found it quite funny.. :D
Some of them had actually NO IDEA whatsoever, as to what their store sold!!

me(to "may-i-help-you") - Hey, excuse me. Would you have sour cream?
may-i-help-you - Yes madam, shhhyoore madam, one minute madam! (the no. of times these people insert "madam" in their sentence, makes me feel like an old school teacher!!duh!)

Then she excitedly jumped out of her seat and started taking confident steps towards one end of the store. I began to follow her, with my huge hand basket, which was getting stuck at every corner, thanks to its extra ordinarily huge size!!
I was finally relieved to have found everything under one roof.. Barely had I opened my mouth to take a sigh of relief.. when I noticed myself standing infront of a huge shelf full of face creams and body lotions! And there she stood, gaping at me with her eyes wide open.. with immense gaeity!
To add insult to injury, I suddenly noticed her index finger pointing at the Garnier Wrinkle cream!! Quite taken aback, I pretended to look at the shelf for a lilttle longer than needed.. and then asked her, if she heard me right. .and that i had mentioned 'sour' cream.. and she nodded her head saying, "Yes Madam.. here is "sore" cream madam! "

"To hell with your Madam!! "-- I thought!
So one of the basic ingredients to make the Marinara was missing..I thought I could look for the cream elsewhewre.. when it struck me, that I hadnt bought Oregano too.
So I moved back to the food area.. and decided to look at things on my own.. thinking, that sooner or later I would find them.. It would save me an agonised mind, atleast!

SO I began looking in the very very elaborate spices section.. I located the weirdest of spices.. I hadnt even heard of!! things like Asafoetida, Bishops Weed, Cassia, Fenugreek and Rosemary -- they had eveything!!! Needless to say, I had gotten all excited by now.. but hard as I tried, I was not able to locate Oregano..

me (thinking) -- Hmm.. Looks like it is alphabetically arranged.. Umm. No no.. see I find cloves before chilly powder...
Ok,.. maybe it is according to popularity! Yeah.. see.. it is salt, chilly powder, cumin seeds .. .. yeah.. yeah... but hey! wait.. I see corainder in that distant corner.. ! No no..its not according to usage..
Hmm.. may be State wise...? Cardomom and pepper are majorly grown in Kerala.. So may be the states are arranged alphabetically.. ufff!!! no! I dotn know.. this is highly complicated!!
Thinking that I might never be able to locate my stuff.. I decided to ask one may-i-help-you around...

me -- hey, could you tell me where can I find Oregano?
may-i-help-you -- Yes madam! Come madam..

I drifted slowly in her direction to be able to get the 2nd thing on my list! She stopped by at a shelf.. turned around and gave me a huge smile - since she had done her job. I waited for her to move, so that i cud take a look at the shelf.. and duh!! what was that!! she had bought me to the 'Organic products' section!!!

Man!! this was too much for me to take.. I was beginning to feel like a birdbrain, who either did not know which store to go shopping for, or had no idea how to pronounce the ingredients...or may be I completely looked like someone from some pattikad who would never try making a pasta!!

My disappointment in the store and in my ability to ever procure all the iingredients, was soaring high! So, I decided to leave after picking up the big box of Real Fruit Juice!! (did i say i am crazy about it!! :)..)

Ah.. so long.. havent you read enuf disasters tht you wanna still hang around here!!!

go go..:( this post is over !

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
lol ! good luck with the pasta! and yeah .. pattikad indeed :D
10:47 PM  
Blogger The Infinite said...
i know!! by the time i posted this, i had already made some!! it turned out to be brilliant (so said the eater!!).. :) yay!!
12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
heyyy,,,sugandh this post was damn funnnnnnnyyyy specially the oregano and the organic products....namrata
11:56 AM  
Blogger The Infinite said...
lol!! thanks for stopping by namy! :)
1:36 PM  
Blogger Hitchhiker said...
Coolo...you can guide me.......I have the same problem when I am planning on making an exotic dish....I am on the phone constantly asking my mom, what's the home-name for this spice and so on...
6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me


Who: The Infinite
When: June 4th, 1982
Where: New Delhi, India
What: Electronics Engineer
Why: For the hell of it

I believe


Life is ours..we live it our way..and nothing else matters

Archives


January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

March 2008

May 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

December 2008

January 2009

May 2009

June 2009

October 2009

December 2009


Speak up if u wish!! its.sugs@gmail.com


Subscribe with Bloglines