And nothing else matters..

 

Friday, June 30, 2006

tears that fall from eyes...

There was a yesterday. There were tears, there was pain. There was laughter and there was joy.

Now, yesterday is gone. I am here. This moment - this very moment is truth.

I am feeling a bit uneasy.
Life has a purpose. But I seem to be split into two. One half 'wants' to do something, but the other half tells that its 'supposed' to be doing something else.

So, it is 3 in the night, and I am here putting a night out in office.
Working?
Yes, I was - till 12am. Then didnt feel like going back.
So, I'm here. Sitting, looking at the runway.. seeing the flights take off.

I have so much of ambition, that sometimes I feel stifled. I feel like I am wasting each and every minute of my existence, doing something totally unwanted.

I want to get into the IIMs. I know I belong right there. RIGHT THERE!!! And nowhere else.
Been there.. just there.. but missed it.
I am not going to give it up. There is a seat right there - only for me. Did you hear that? ONLY for me!!

Background is playing 'Tears' by Dream Theater. It is such a beautiful song. I want to play it on my guitar.
But I'm here. Sitting, thinking, sipping coffee.. looking outside the window.. waiting for the sun to rise.. and tell me - "Its another day! One day less to the day when you'll be out of Bangalore. For good!!"

The song, I say - is beautiful . Get it here - http://www.sendmefile.com/00418352

It is true. It is 'quite' something to cry for someone. To actually let tears fall from eyes.. roll down your cheeks.. and feel that pain..

Have I cried?

Yes. Many times. When tears come, you forget all logic. You are just 'one' with that feeling. That feeling of helplessness. And that feeling of immense anxiety.

When I was a child, I dont remember ever crying for toys/clothes/chocolates etc. I was never interested in those.
Yes, I remember crying for going to bday parties (which my parents were quite against).
I cried for marks.
When I used to miss 1st rank in class by 2 marks. For me, those marks were nto important, but that feeling of losing to someone similar to me used to suck. Big Time.

When I grew up, I cried when I saw my own family members fight against each other for trivial issues like money/property. Ok, not trivial - may be it was a BIG deal for them.
I remember sobbing in a corner, with my Differential Calculus book, pretending to study.

I used to sit on my terrace in the night for hours - looking at the moon - thinking about how my uncles' and aunts' behaviour had changed towards me,who was their cute lil adorable niece - just coz they were at odds
with my parents...

I also remember wailing for months, when I broke up with Bhaskar. Things never became better between us ever since that day, although we tried hard to become good friends...

After that, I have not been much bothered about things happening around, other than minor activities here and there that induce transient sadness.

A lot of people walked in and
out of my life.. I have cried for some of them.. only to realise in the end, that it was all so fake.. and that I was surrendering to a happiness which was as abysmal as was the love they pretended to have for me...

I am content in my life now. I know what I want, where I want to go. I can distinguish between things that are worth it and those which are of no significance. I have someone like Kinshuk to spend my life with. I have my
dreams.. Think I need nothing else..just nothing else...

backgrnd - 'Tears - Dream Theater"
/me -



16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Really beautiful post.Made me want to cry..
Love you girl
12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Isn't this something deeply personal that u'd rather keep it to urself and not share it with any1else??

Nitin
5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
u have so much depth in you..a person like you sure deserves best things from life..dont look back and keep going on.

luv,
saanchi
6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Cause everybody hurts
Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts
Don't throw your hand
Oh, no
Don't throw your hand
If you feel like you're alone
No, no, no,
you are not alone


- Everybody hurts, R.E.M.
8:50 PM  
Blogger Anadi Misra said...
Jeevan ek khuli kitaab....kuch jyada hi khuli in my opinion, but then, thats u!

Par yeah, tum roti toh bahut ho...i wud 2nd that :D

Waise it hurts me a lot when u bring up that 2nd rank, 1st rank issue, more so coz u say u just lost by 2 marks :D:D:D
U had the last laugh, u were the board topper!!, why gloss over the other things :)

And that goes for other things u wanna achieve too...kisi samjhdaar insaan ne kaha hai, "everything works out in the end, if it hasn't, it isn't the end yet" :)

Now they wanna make me type 'ibomzs' for word verification
12:25 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...
I liked the way this post was written....said a lot of things about your life, which usually people dont blog out....maybe coz u were in that phase while writing this post.

second last para was quite touching n very true....many people have walked out of ma life too and I have shed tears for them, but then I realised they were not worth it.

Just follow your dreams gal!!
Good luck to you :)
4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am sure u ll achieve all that u desire one day, I think u r confusing between being contempt and happy. Try to find happiness from within and not from outside...
Have a Gr8 day...
11:10 AM  
Blogger The Infinite said...
@Shalzy
I miss having you around.. :(

@Nitin
What do you mean by personal? If I can share my stupid crush in office, my swimming chronicles, my thumb breaking, my excitement, my gloom -- then why cant I share this?
1:49 PM  
Blogger The Infinite said...
@saanchi
Thank you dear :)
You know, its been one year since we last met. Err.. since we 'first' met :)

@anonymous (REM)
Dude, this is a lovely song :)
yeah, people hurt.. but you know what? It only looks like they hv hurt you. In the end it shrinks down to a mere perception of mind. We might as well call it their 'convenience'.
But whoa! its all okay! :)
We learn and we move on!!
I got no time for all this hushy mushy sobbing!!
1:52 PM  
Blogger The Infinite said...
@Anadi
:). Let me not bring up stories of the time when you and Bhaskar erased the marks in the report card ( in class 5), and wrote new marks, only to prove that you were 1st and not me!! What a farce!! :D
And the '2 marks' thing is true - happened in class 7th. I so remember it, correct me if I am wrong. :)
1:57 PM  
Blogger The Infinite said...
@arz00n
Thanks Arjun. yeah I had no idea how and why I managed to write this post. I was in one weird mood that day. But I sure felt a lil light after hitting the "publish post" tab.
You know, many times, we suffer coz we think our problems are unique. The moment you know that now you are "one" with millions of others who might hv gone thru the same shit.. you feel better,
sadist - but true, :)

@anonymous
Thank you dude.
Small request : Plz mention your name the next time :) A mock name - may be!
2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey! No offence meant but then there is a thin line between your public image and private life. Its totally upto you to decide what you want to share and what you don't want to. But there are things which we are rather better off keeping to ourselves and not announcing them from rooftops!!

Nitin
6:18 PM  
Blogger Xérès said...
CARPE DIEM!!! And nothin else matters :)
12:18 AM  
Blogger Anadi Misra said...
What craziness, fabricating stories now, when did this imaginary stuff happen, may I know? Stop giving yourself excuses...when will u learn to accept urself as u are/were...
And Plz...I never say anything without proof, I still have all the report cards...

PS: I'm not fond of fighting publicly, If u wanna argue, kindly email me
8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Its good to cry. It hardens you. Its a battle lost. You are not killed.
12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
straight from heart..too gud yaar...read so many times....mad me cry...
1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me


Who: The Infinite
When: June 4th, 1982
Where: New Delhi, India
What: Electronics Engineer
Why: For the hell of it

I believe


Life is ours..we live it our way..and nothing else matters

Archives


January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

March 2008

May 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

December 2008

January 2009

May 2009

June 2009

October 2009

December 2009


Speak up if u wish!! its.sugs@gmail.com


Subscribe with Bloglines