And nothing else matters..

 

Monday, March 06, 2006

Have been looking around for houses for the past 2-3 days..nothing's clicking..
May be I am not looking enough.. may be deep within, I dont want to leave my current place..
May be theres something else in store for me..
Got a really nice one on saturday.. just the perfect place I'd imagined..
Thought I'd call up the owner and confirm the deal..but just as I was about to dial her no., an old friend called up, and I got chatting with him for about half an hour..and the deal was gone in this much time :) Someone else called up 15 min before me & confirmed it :D

Frankly, its certainly not one of the best things to do - looking for houses..!
There was this place I saw with the agent, which was ridiculous! Reallly! It was stinking.. had rats running all over the place.. the walls were painted in an insane red-pink colour, the fan was making the kinda noise u hear when u see a train passing at the signal..it was in this narrow lane, wherein the neighbours were popping their heads out and staring, like they had just seen an alien from Mars! The best deal was, tht one of the two rooms had walls made of glass!!!
I hv absolutely no idea what the owner had in mind while making tht house!! :))

I looked at the agent in anger, and he looked away.. Then I quietly said,
"Raghavendra, we are not exactly in the mood to waste time, are we?"
He humbly said - "No madam, its not like tht madam, I'm sorry madam.. I dint know it was tht bad!"
He sounded so paavam, tht I burst out laughing, and he felt quite embarrassed!
We came out.. and I was thrilled to see tht it was drizzling! Man! Nothing like getting wet in the rain! :)
So I was enjoying and waiting for Raghavndra to start his bike.. when I saw this really old man, all clad in rags..with a torn blanket..sleeping on the street..
His face looked glum..and he was all clumsily rolled up..

Dont know.. something struck me somewhere. Here he was who doesnt hv a place to stay..is generalyl lying here and there.. and here I am, who has seen some 15 places, but cant find even one of them worth living!
Seeing him, dont know what happened..but I suddenly became aware.. tht I'm going to die one day..
Nothing will stay.. I will be old one day, I will suffer all old-age problems.. I will be unable to jump around.. I will be dependent on my kids to take me around..
Yes, there will be one such day.. after 40 years, 50 years, 60 years?
But I'll die..

Dont know, I suddenly felt so weird.. tht I told Raghavendra, tht we'll call it a day..
Went to Cha Bar, Leela(my favvvourite place) and sat there..trying to read a book..sipping a cup of hot tea( yeah, I broke ma resolution :( )

but nothing fell in place..

Came back, and called up a couple of old friends whom I had not spoken to, for months now..

but nothing fell in place..

bckgrnd - nil
/me -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Expecting to die of oldage? "Athimoham alle mone dineshaa".
Most prob, someone will kick you out of a window & you die.

:-)
10:54 AM  
Blogger The Infinite said...
NOT funny!
/me pouts
1:20 PM  
Blogger sp said...
oh well, i really sympathise with you. Searching for a house in blore is tough. They get booked before you even snap your fingers. I am now staying in my third one in blore. Been here for a little more than a year now. Had a hard time searching for the this house and the prev one. All the agents keep showing you the same one. I learnt one thing : Look for the right price, dont see anything that looks cheap and at a bargain (there never is one, there is always a catch) or else you will miss the good ones that will get booked. Start on a sunday morning early. Look up the ads in the admag which are posted by individuals and rush to the best ones listed. Finalise quick and pay a downpayment. And then, shift relax and enjoy your home. :-)I for one, am determined not to move from my present place, though I am now without a roommate as my current one is vacating shortly. Sigh...the travails of finding a 'home' in blore.

And talking of those humbling experiences, one ought to keep having those to keep the feet firmly grounded. :)
3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me


Who: The Infinite
When: June 4th, 1982
Where: New Delhi, India
What: Electronics Engineer
Why: For the hell of it

I believe


Life is ours..we live it our way..and nothing else matters

Archives


January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

March 2008

May 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

December 2008

January 2009

May 2009

June 2009

October 2009

December 2009


Speak up if u wish!! its.sugs@gmail.com


Subscribe with Bloglines