And nothing else matters..

 

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Assamese boys & their hammer!


Yesterday while Shalini was out, I decided to put a string in the kitchen, so that we can hang extra clothes there.. So I procure a nail from somewhere. But there was no hammer! So after much hesitation, I thought that how about asking the downstairs Assamese boys..We dont hv much interaction with them, so it was kinda awkward, to be knocking their door in the middle of the night and asking for a hammer..No, no. I shouldnt do that.

After 5 minutes.
Knock knock.

/me(smiling) - Hello! Would you have a hammer?
the assamese boy - Yes, s
ure. Here!

So, am all set! I climb the stool.
Hold the nail firmly. Bang bang bang. Ah! Its in.
Some more. Bang BANG BANG! Aha! Gotten in really well..
Lemme make sure it doesnt come out again. Hold it tight gurl!
Focus at the tip of the nail! Yaa! Thats fine.
1..2...3! BANG!! THUD!!!


Ok! Damn!! I HIT MY THUMB!!! Then suddenly I saw one big fountain of blood and I was like - SHIT! I am so stupid!

And then it pained like hell! Although I dint scream and all.. but when I closed my eyes, I could imagine the faces of the most horrible people I've known!! Dont know why.. may be it was nature's way of mocking at me! :D

I jumped around a lil..and cried in utter pain! :(
Tried to distract myself by reading Calvin.. and listening to music..writing diary.. but nothing helped. It was hell. HELL!

By now, the pain had started propagatin till my elbow.. and was heading towards the shoulder.
I had just one concern. How will I press the Space Bar for atleast a week now?! Damn it.

When Shalini came, I did a lil extra melodrama. I like doing it, actually!
Then she sweetly sat by me till late night and rubbed the tip of the thumb, which had become all blue..white.. and red and what not and had swollen up really badly! She told me various stories to keep me distracted.. but occassionally I would whine.. And the radio would keep playing senti songs to remind me of all crap.. It never fails to do that!
huh!?

After one hour.
/me - Shalini! Its paining. :(
Shal(examining the thumb closely) - Hmm.. Dont think about it. How about some pain killer?
/me(crying in pain) - No. They dont work. Let it heal naturally.
Shal - Anaesthesia?
/me - Its 12.30 in the night!
Shal - Ice? I can borrow some from the Assamese boys.
/me(pouting) - Dont mention them! I WAnt no shit from them now!
Shal(in a serious tone) - Sleeping pills?
/me(thinking) - Nice idea. But where do we get them at this hour?
Shal(smiling) - Hmm.. W
e also have some half a bottle of Long Island Iced tea. Want some?
/me(eyes popped out) - w0w! Sure! Lets have it. It's been sitting there since July. Vintage Wine! aha!

So Shalini jumps out of the bed and gets the 500 ml bottle, which is half full.
Shal - Dunk it Sugz!
/me - Should I?
Shal - Ok, have some. It'll help you catch some sleep.

Gulp Gulp Gulp.
GULP GULP!!


After 1 hour. No effect.

AFter 2 hours. No effect.

The pain had started aggravating now. It was almost 4 but I couldnt sleep at all. It was paining horrendously.
It was only around 5.30 - 5.45 that I was able to close my eyes without visualising ugly monsters.

Came to office this morning, and
everyone suggested that I must see a doc. and WHOA! alright, So he says I hv a fracture!
Man!! Whoever said that I dont hv an eventful life.. must be kidding!
I hv actually never had a fracture before..So that ways, its kinda cool..
The bad part being, that its immensely paining.. :(

bckgrnd
- Van Halen - "Cant stop loving you"
/me -



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
give rest to your thumb, dont type much.
6:31 PM  
Blogger Kk said...
Damn ! Tuff luck., wat a day huh ?
I was just wonderin how u typed spaces in the above post ! anyways., yea., u shud give ur thumb some rest..,
8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ass. :P
8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me


Who: The Infinite
When: June 4th, 1982
Where: New Delhi, India
What: Electronics Engineer
Why: For the hell of it

I believe


Life is ours..we live it our way..and nothing else matters

Archives


January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

March 2008

May 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

December 2008

January 2009

May 2009

June 2009

October 2009

December 2009


Speak up if u wish!! its.sugs@gmail.com


Subscribe with Bloglines