And nothing else matters..

 

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

ubayokyu!

whenever shalini and me have a witty discussion-cum-word-war - her last resort is to throw unfamiliar and often extraneous malyalam words! this sure leaves me stumped :D
she gets ready at some 6 in the morning for office, when i am still sleeping..(or atleast it "looks" like 6 since 8 is too early to wake up for any normal human being)..and at that insane hour,my fighting powers are also a lil debilitated..so she racks me quite easily! :-D

the word for yesterday was - 'ubayokyu' - hell!!

.......

shal(while getting ready): ...yeah i spoke to him last week...
me(covering ma head with the blanket) : god! can we please NOT mention him right in the morning?
shal : nee avane ubayokichu!!
me(rubbing ma eyes) : what??
shal : NEE AVANE UBAYOKICHU!!!
me : dont say 'shit' in 'malyalam'!! err.. redundant statement!!
shal(defensive mode): excuse me? its any day better than ur shitty hindi!
me : huh? one - i dont speak in hindi with you! two - i dont believe in racism of any sort!
shal : but you do believe in torturing people. dont you??
me : good lords! dont tell me you are talking abt that 'bitter gourd' curry again??
shal : YES I AM!! it was sheer torture!!


***
[FLASHBACK]

One evening, when Shalini comes back home, I open the door with a big smile.
[/me looks happy for some reason! ]

me(smiling) : hey! how was the day?
shal : yeah.. hectic as usual! how abt yers..
me(grinning) : hehe..
shal(suspicious look) : eh? you upto something?
me(excited) : you know what i made for dinner today??
shal: what?
me : bitter gourd curry!!!! :)
shal : w0000000000ttt!!!! YUCK!! I WILL NOT EAT IT!
me : arrey! i know you dont like it and all..but you must give everything a chance!! please!
shal : a chance?? my ass!! i will die of hunger, but not touch bitter gourd!
me : you cannot deny it! its a vegetable - God created it - its for a purpose! and you cannot defy nature's rules and intentions!!!
shal(pouting) : yeah right! God created my tongue also!! and the taste buds on it refuse to like it!! Fine?
me(philosophical mode) : oh c'mon! Look at it this way - besides being an exceptional nutritious vegetable it also re-iterates the fact that not everything in life is sweet and rosy!
shal : i have YOU to remind me of that!

[/FLASHBACK]
***

me : but that day, 'you' made me wash all the dishes 'alone' after dinner. .*sigh*
shal : served you well!!
me : you also did the 'ubayokyu' business with me!!! whatever that means!!
shal(smiling) : ok, are we done?
me(smiling) - guess so!!
shal(closing the door) : ok, me is leaving..
me(winking) : hey! but wat does ubayokyu mean!?!??!!?

2 Comments:

Blogger neurohavoc said...
i liked the flashback tag :-)
6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think I should start buying the copyrights to all our conversations :) I like the fact that you are advertising my great malayalam though ,finally I just might manage to get rid of the "fake mallu" tag
:)
See ya soon.
4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About me


Who: The Infinite
When: June 4th, 1982
Where: New Delhi, India
What: Electronics Engineer
Why: For the hell of it

I believe


Life is ours..we live it our way..and nothing else matters

Archives


January 2005

February 2005

March 2005

April 2005

May 2005

June 2005

July 2005

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

January 2007

February 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

March 2008

May 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

December 2008

January 2009

May 2009

June 2009

October 2009

December 2009


Speak up if u wish!! its.sugs@gmail.com


Subscribe with Bloglines